Sunday, January 30, 2011

A letter to the Commish.

Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Today is my 24th birthday. And instead of watching the best game in all of sports for my birthday, the best players in the NFL (minus the top 4 team's players) will be playing touch football. Sorry Fox your ratings will be down this week, but don't worry the Super Bowl will make up for that next week, no problem. I don't think I am going to even tune in, that's how bad it is. I love football and I love the NFL, and I think it is the best professional organization there is and it provides the top competition, but has an atrocious all-star game!


I think it is time to rid your league of the Pro-Bowl. Yeah, sure they get an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii and basically have a vacation during one of the coldest months of the year (except if you live in Arizona), but nobody cares about it!

Here is my suggestion: just make an All-Pro team and give them a segment on Sportscenter, better yet, give them an entire show, in primetime, and call it good. Because to be perfectly honest, I would rather watch these guys eat a meal then to play in the Pro-Bowl.

Unfortunately there will be no Super Bowl played on my birthday, but I would take a Packers win for a belated gift. Oh yeah, and no more Pro-Bowl. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sarah Visser, Packer fan and NFL fan

1 comment:

  1. Here are a few ways to make it more interesting... even though this years probowl got an 8-point something tv rating higher than some BCS bowl games... but for one have a skills competition... could you imagine if it was Revis Vs. Fitzgerald, 11 passes, who ever comes up with the ball/deflection the most wins! Or, have all the probowlers, and have two captains pick teams... Manning to Calvin Johnson? Yes please. Allow them to blitz, it makes for more fun... if you don't want to hurt the QB then put flags on him... better yet, have a panel of judges in the end zone... each TD dance is rated, winner gets a trophy.

    ReplyDelete